> Eventi | Edison Open Night: free concerts in La Triennale garden
La Triennale opens its garden to music. From June 27 to August 29, a series of concerts will animate the Edison Open Garden Triennale: the music ranges from jazz to electronics and explores innovative and challenging musical territories.
How much does it cost? Nothing: it’ free. And what if it rains? No problem, the festival will move to the Art Theatre.
In short, there are no excuses not to attend this event!
The concerts of the Edison Open Night
The program of the Edison Open Garden Triennale is really rich and able to satisfy any music lover.
Have a look at it:
- July 3 REDI, HASA & MARIA MAZZOTTA. Balkans and southern Italy stories re-interpreted by the duo
- July 4, FRANCESCO BEARZATTI MARTUX_M & CREW. A saxophonist, with an electronic crew, investigates the essence of John Coltrane’s masterpiece, “A Love Supreme”
- July 10, INSTAMBUL SESSIONS. Saxophonist Ilhan Ersahin mixes jazz, pop and traditional Turkish songs in a wonderful, innovative way
- July 11, GUANO PADANO. A mix of Morricone’s tunes together with the pulsating rhythms of John Zorn’s surf / punk
- July 16, OREN LAVIE. “The opposite side of the sea” live: a set of smooth jazz and classic music.
- July 18 PATRIZIA LAQUIDARA. Singer, actress and composer, Patrizia Laquidara is considered one of the best Italian music authors
- July 23 to 25, SIAM VENUTI A CANTAR. A project with the purpose to show the artistic talents hidden in the city of Baggio
- July 31, HAUSCHKA. Piano, strings, hammers, ping-pong balls and pieces of wood: the result of these objects combined together is a majestic sound with a great impact on the audience
- August 1, SACRI CUORI. The band from Emilia Romagna presents his new album “Delone”, an imaginary travel to the European folk and the soundtracks of the 60s and 70s.
- August 7, L’ ORCHESTRINO. A small band of jazz musicians, able to amaze any listener.
- August 8, FRANCA MASU & FUASTO BECCALOSSI. Franca’s voice meets Fausto’s in a musical journey made of Catalan, Sardinian, Portuguese and Argentine melodies.
- August 21, SALUTI DA SATURNO. Among the composers of Saluti da Saturno, there is Mirco Mariani, known for his artistic relationship with Capossela.
- August 22, DEAD COMBO. Tò Trips and Pedro Gonçalves embody the roles of a gravedigger and a gangster and, together and desguised, make up astonishing, underground sounds.
- August 28, TRIO LOPEZ PETRAKIS CHEMIRANI. A mix of different music intertwined together: Cretan music, Iranian, Armenian, Turkish, Afghan, Spanish and French.
- August 29, NIHAR / ALBA. Nihar was born in India in 1975: here, he studied Tabla and Indian classical music at the Saptak School. When he met Alba, they began to explore together new Indian musical horizons.
For the entire duration of the Open Night, you can also visit four exhibition: Arts & Food. Rituali dal 1851, Cucine & Ultracorpi, Books & Foods e Salt & Pepper Shakers. The ticket to the four exhibitions costs 12 euro; admission is free if you show the Expo 2015 ticket.