|QUESTIONS ABOUT RESERVATIONS
• What is the best way to reserve my room or junior suite? Use the online booking facility – your credit card details are required as guarantee
for the reservation although no money will be debited until you check out of the
• Is the room rate per person or per night?
The prices shown on the special offers page and online booking system are per
room and include buffet breakfast, service and all taxes.
•Are children free?
Yes, Children up to the age of 5 are free if they sleep in their parent’s room. For older children and in order
to ensure more comfort we suggest you reserve a triple room as it is more spacious.
For babies a cot will be provided free of charge.
• Best Available Rates?
We absolutely guarantee you our best rate if you book your room directly with
us! Afterall this is the hotel Windsor’s official online booking system so why
would we want you to book anywhere else. Use the booking system to check availability. Book now and don’t pay anything
until you check out!
• Why do I have to include my credit card number?
We require your credit card details to guarantee the reservation. Provided you
cancel within the cancellation period required no money will be debited from your
card until you check out of the Hotel.
• Is the buffet breakfast included in the Room Rate?
Yes, we offer a rich buffet breakfast included in the room rate which includes
all the usual items plus a varied selection of fresh season fruit and home made
pastries. Other items include: cereals, fresh milk, boiled eggs, ham, salamis,
yoghurt, fresh seasonal fruit, cakes, rolls, butter, marmalade, jams, fresh fruit
juices, teas, coffees and cappuccino or caffè latte is served at your table upon
request no extra supplement!
• What is the cancellation deadline for my reservation?
Cancellation can be made up to 48 hours before arrival and no penalty will be
charged. For all cancellations and for no shows i.e. where we do not received
your written email cancellation a 1 night late cancellation charge will be debited
to your credit card.
• Once I have made my reservation, how do I receive my confirmation?
Our secure online booking system automatically sends you a confirmation. There
is no requirement for us to send you any further email…. Simply take note of your
reference number and turn up at the hotel. If you have made any “special requests”
in the comments box we may contact you via email, i.e. Airport-Hotel transfers
or tickets for football matches or La Scala Opera House.
• What credit-cards are accepted by the booking system?
Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Diners, JCB plus the Italian Debit Card "CartaSi"
and the UK equivalent Switch are also accepted.
• My credit card number is correct, but the hotel is not accepting it. Why?
There are a few possibilities:
- Your card type is not accepted at the Hotel Windsor (see above list of accepted
- The card expiration date is before the arrival date
- You have reached your credit limit.
- There is a computer error – apologies but you should return and try again later
• What are the directions to the hotel?
The Windsor is located 50 metres from the Repubblica Metro Stop. All of Milan’s
major attractions are within easy walking distance and the location ideal for
both business travelers and tourists.
• How do I get to Milan from Milan’s International Airports Linate, Bergamo Orio
al Serio and Milan Malpensa?
You should take the shuttle bus from Linate and Bergamo Orio al Serio to the
Central Station. From there it is one stop on the Yellow Line 3 to Repubblica.
From Malpensa you should take the shuttle express train to Central Station. NB
the Hotel Windsor can arrange a private pick up if required? A supplement applies
for this service so please see “optional extras” when you make your online reservation.
• Journey time from Airports to Hotel?
From Malpensa and Bergamo the journey time is approximately 1 hour from both.
Both train and coach take approximately 1 hour. By private car it should only
take about 45 minutes. From Linate airport the journey time is about 25 minutes
by the airport shuttle bus to Central Station and then 1 stop by metro.
• From Central Station?
A taxi will cost less than 10 Euro from the Central Station but again depends
on traffic Alternatively, we recommend you take the Metro Line 3 one stop to Repubblica.
NB make sure you take the Metro in the direction of Duomo and San Donato.
• Is there a Hotel Windsor transfer service to/from Milan Airports?
Pick-up can be arranged on request. Costs vary depending on which airport you
are arriving. Please see the optional extras on the online booking system.
ROOMS AND SUITES
• What is the official category of the Hotel Windsor Milan?
The Hotel Winsdor is an official 4 star hotel in Milan offering luxury accommodation
in the shape of 106 rooms and suites.
• Do all of your rooms contain a Private En-Suite Bathroom?
Yes, all guest rooms and suites at the Hotel Winsdor contain a private bathroom
with either tub or shower. There is a hairdryer in every bathroom and a phone.
All bathrooms contain hairdryer and complimentary accessories including soft fluffy
towels, shampoos, shower gels, shaving kit, shoeshine and soaps.
• What is the difference between the rooms and the Junior Suites?
The Junior suites contain an ample seating area and are about 25% more spacious
than the normal double or twin rooms
• Are the guest rooms air conditioned and do you have central heating?
Yes, all of the rooms at have with sophisticated climate control systems which
allow guests to regulate the air conditioning and central heating to suit their
• Are there quiet, private, romantic rooms?
Yes, all of the rooms and suites at the 4 Star Windsor Hotel are quiet and romantic.
• Do the rooms or suites have balcony or terrace?
No we regret the rooms do not have balconies or terraces.
• Do you have non smoking rooms ?
• Do you have rooms with a view ?
The view from the rooms is either the street in front or too the side. Either
way the view is "urban Milan"
• Is there a TV in the rooms/apartments? Are there international channels (satellite
Yes. All our rooms are equipped with satellite television and telephone.
• Is there a telephone with direct dialling in the rooms/apartments?
• Is your Hotel Open all year?
The Hotel Windsor is open 24 / 7 i.e. all year round.
• Can I specify where I would like my room located (preferred floor, etc)?
The Hotel Windsor staff will certainly do their best to accommodate special requests.
We cannot guarantee guest room location because it is subject to availability.
• Which languages are spoken at the reception?
Italian, English, German, Spanish and French
• How many floors do you have and do you have an elevator?
We have 7 floors and 2 elevators.
• What category or star rating is your hotel?
The Hotel Windsor is an official four star i.e. a luxury hotel in Milan offering
superior first class accommodation whose services include: hotel bar, conference
center, breakfast room, 24 hour concierge / night porter service, colour satellite
television and pay t.v., mini bar, telephone, wi-fi internet connection etc.
• Does your hotel have Parking Facilities?
Yes we can offer valet parking in a nearby garage for a small daily supplement
– please let use know if you intend to bring the car so that we may arrange parking
•Do you have an Internet/E-Mail point in the Property?
There is a free internet point in the hotel lobby where there are two computers
which boast an ADSL internet connection.
• Are pets welcome?
No sorry for the comfort and hygiene purposes we do not permit pets of any description
here at the Hotel Windsor Milan
• Is there a restaurant in the Property?
Yes we have our very own restaurant.
• Can I connect my modem so that I can surf the Internet from my room/apartment?
Yes, we have internet adsl connection in the room.